About Me

Parkhead Bhoy

I'm a 52-year-old suffering from the debilitating disability known as Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita. Over the years as I've got older the condition has progressively got worse. So much so that I'm now wheelchair/housebound and totally reliant upon carers and of course my loving family to look after me.

Voice Recognition Software

As I've explained above I've 1 or 2 problems which means I have to do things differently from everybody else. The only reason I'm able to contemplate this blog or indeed communicate in the written form in any way is because of the marvellous invention that is Voice Recognition Software (VRS) & particularly Dragon NaturallySpeaking (DNS).

Without DNS I wouldn't be able to write a single word. I wouldn't be able to use Facebook, Twitter or indeed write a letter. I use DNS for every written word I produce. Every word contained within this blog will always be produced using the Dragon software without it I couldn't do this. So if you do find spelling errors or even typos please blame the software and not me.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CSA Call for Boycott Aimed at SFA.


At approximately 2 pm Yesterday the 17th of January 2011 the Celtic Supporters Association (CSA) called for a bhoycott of targeted SPL away games by the Celtic support.  Joe O'Rourke, General Secretary of the CSA issued a statement on the CSA Website 

The boycott has been proposed as the initial stage of a campaign against the SFA and its corrupt officials for what is seen as unfair treatment by the majority of the Celtic supporters.  The initial proposal is to target certain SPL away games as part of the campaign.  The first game to be targeted will be the away game against Kilmarnock on March 2nd.  This game is being televised by sky.  So those fans wanting to boycott the game will still be able to watch the game on TV.  It's possible that further and or alternative action may be considered if it's felt necessary in the future.

Whether you agree or disagree with the boycott is for you the individual fans to decide.  My personal belief is that it's now time something was done about the SFA and their blatant anti-Celtic bias.  We cannot sit back any longer and allow the SFA to manipulate Scottish football to such an extent that it is detrimental to Glasgow Celtic and its fans.  Whether or not this boycott will work, who knows?  I personally haven't really had sufficient time to weigh up all the pros and cons.  What I do know though, is that this is probably the best chance Celtic and its fans are going to have of putting a stop to the SFA's blatant sectarianism bigotry and finally start righting some wrongs.

I'm supporting the bhoycott.  I would support any action that was targeted towards the SFA and its corrupt officials.  I don't believe this bhoycott will hurt Celtic but it will make the corrupt officials at the SFA sit up and take notice.  I am and always will be 100% behind Glasgow Celtic.  There should be no question about my loyalty towards the club.  I am supporting this bhoycott because I support Celtic and the team 100%.  Something needs to be done about the SFA and its corrupt officials.  So it is up to us the ordinary Celtic fans to make a stand and force change at the SFA.

If you support Celtic as I do please support the bhoycott and help bring about change within Scottish football.  We the fans can do this if we stand together 100%.  Let our cry be.   

Stop the SFA and its Sectarian Officials. 

7 comments:

  1. Smashing blog mate, keep up the good work.
    Hail Hail

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't bother me one way or another whether the fans boycott or not. I'm not sure who the target is in this instance, Killie, the SPL, the SFA or the referee or all of them? My concern is the supporters do not get a fair crack, they get no backing from the club and this is shown where the club are happy to comply with the establishment in matters that affect their own support, i feel we as the fans will be left out on limb and in conflict with the club when this matter concludes because our reforms and the club's concept of change will be markedly different. Interesting that the CSA are ready to flex some muscle though after years of tacit acceptance of the official club line.  @bobbylennox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog! Looking forward to future Contemplations. (@Chris_Derry)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a neutral observer, I can only say I hope the 'bhoycott' achieves what it sets out to do! Excellent blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With Pleat admitting himself that SFA procedures and practices are outdated, i don't agree with a boycott at this point. Surely we should give Regan the chance to implement reforms? Why are we boycotting SPL games - how is this hurting the SFA? Any boycott should be aimed at the Scottish Cup or internationals

    ReplyDelete
  6. What exactly is the boycott trying to achieve? It seems to me a boycott will harm celtic's title chances and for what? Too pee off a few SFA officials. Sorry, i think the potential cost (ie damaging our title hopes)is too great and won't achieve anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for taking a stand and making our voices hear but I'm just not sure this is the right way to do it. I don't have any better ideas myself but this doesn't seem to be the proper way to go about it.
    Just my thoughts

    ReplyDelete